History
1947 The foundation stone of the family firm's history was laid by the Voralberg family Lorünser more than 60 years ago. It started with a foundry for aluminium alloy, a turning shop and a grinding shop. The first products were aluminium alloy articles for domestic use and the construction industry.
1948 Specialisation in fittings for electrical engineering was crowned by a first great success. The small family company experienced a great upsurge in construction work. Two years later the factory site was enlarged and a foundry and a galvanizing shop were erected. Later tool making and pattern making were added.
1974 During the seventies the operation was further expanded and exports strongly increased.
1985 The internationally Group Knill-Mosdorfer of Weiz/Austria took over the aluminium alloy works. This was the birth of Lorünser Austria, it continued to grow and reach out to secure more and more business segments. Both sides participate from the synergetic effect Fa.Lorünser worked with aluminium, Fa. Mosdorfer with steel.
1988 Lorünser Austria specialises in the development and production of clamps for 500 Kilovolts switchgear. Five years later the cooperation with Mosdorfer was further increased. Fittings were also developed for insulator strings for transformer stations.
1995 Lorünser introduces quality management system management according to EN ISO 9001.
2000 Lorünser Austria makes a name for itself with the development and production of clamps for 800 Kilovolts AC switchgear. These were first used at over 4000 metres above sea level in South America.
2002 At the same time the first projects for DC switchgear clamps up to 670 kV were in process and were delivered for the "Three Gorges" project in China.
2007 Lorünser Austria successfully establishes itself as total system supplier under the motto "everything from one source" and since then have supplied large international projects with clamps, tension string sets (including insulators and conductors) also undertaking erection and installation directly on site.

Today Lorünser Austria together with the Knill-Mosdorfer group is a unique collaboration of international size and importance which has taken market leadership in many market segments. We have over 1200 employees worldwide.


LORÜNSER Austria GmbH, Bahnhofstraße 9, A-6824 Schlins, +43 5524 8291-0, office@loruenser.org, Site by HGS